Thursday, October 09, 2008

Guess where we was at last week?

Hubs found out on Monday that he needed to fly off to Paris (again) for a meeting. We had a family trip to Cameron Highlands planned that Friday to Sunday. He managed to get a flight out of KLIA on midnight Sunday. On Wednesday, I asked hubs if Elil and I could join him on his trip. He'd been travelling so much lately, I just needed more time with him. "Let me check my points", he said. He confirmed he had enough points with Enrich and booked our tickets. On Thursday we purchased our tickets and got Elil's passport done in 2 hours. We took her picture the night before, she was in her jammies. Hehe. Hubs changed his flight to Saturday midnight and off we were....

Bonjour Paris! Here we are at the airport. Elil slept 10 hours of the 12.5 hour flight. Thank goodness! I really needed the rest after the 3.5 hour drive from Cameron and then the rush packing before the drive to KLIA.

We landed at about 6 am. By the time we got our luggage and the rental car, it was about 8 am. Check-in time at the hotel was after 1 pm. So we managed to do some sight-seeing around the Avenue Des Champs Elysees and down to Le Arc De Triomphe.

Elil chasing after her flying scarf with her mouth.


Elil refuses to pose for the camera.

Alala so happy we all!


Catwalking on the Champs.



The Cathedrale Notre Dame was as usual amazing and beautiful. Inspiring and moving.


Standing in front of a statue of St Joan of Arc (Jeanne De Arc) who was canonized in this cathedral by Pope Benedict XV. Read more about her here.

The stain glass was breathtaking.

I stopped and sat at the pews for several minutes just taking it all in and lifting myself to God. It was a truly peaceful experience.

The altar.

From the Notre Dam we walked down the river (don't know what its called) to Musee Du Louvre, the world's most visited art museum. The most famous art piece housed in the Louvre would probably be Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. We did not go in. The main reason being, hubs was here 2 weeks earlieron a business trip and he had had his little tour. Myself I was here in 1998 and have my picture in front of Miss Mona Lisa and others. Plus we had Elil and well 16 month old + historic museums don't mesh very well if you know what I mean. ;)

More shots of us outside The Louvre.

Me giving my best super'mama'model shot.


Elil getting friendly with a Korean tourist. She scribbled in the lady's diary. And refused to return her pen.

Me outside the Palais Du Louvre. Hubs took soooo long to take this picture. I was getting very uncomfortable and self-conscious because I'm standing smack in the center of a major crossing and people walking past had to totally go out of their way to avoid us. It was embarassing. Luckily the picture turned out ok.

Blending in with other Parisians! Ha ha!

We had a real long long walk that day...we were on our feet for probably 4 hours. It was tiring but real nice. Our destination was this departmental store that was selling this real funky and affordable jacket. 3/4 ofthe way, we turned back. It was cold and we were tired. I was upset I didn't get my jacket but hubs got me a real cool handbag instead. So still happy.

It was chilly that evening. I was freezing. Hubs was walking around in a t-shirt, tula got lots of blubber to keep him nice and warm. ;)

We had a great time in Paris. I'm so glad we got the chance to join hubs. He only had to work 1 day out of the 5 days we were there so it was great!
Thanks babe for the wonderful holiday!
















No comments: