Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Baby #2 Wishlist

I got tagged by Farrah and so this is my list of goodies....



1. Medela Freestyle Breastpump




With Elil I got the Medela Mini Electric Breastpump. But this was not suitable for longer pumping sessions and more for on-the-go sessions. Also, it is a single pump. After some research and input from Farrah, I decided I'm going with the Freestyle. I like the mobility, light-weightness, digital screen with memory capability. I have yt to figure out how I'm going to purchase one of these. Trying to find a nearer (than the US) source.


2. New BPA free bottles



I am switching bottles. After reading numerous articles on the dangers of BPA. I've decided to change all my bottles. Which brand? I don't know yet. But I do have a few in mind. Some possibilites include, Medela, Dr. Brown or MAM Ultivent. Will need to do more research and visit the retails before I make up my mind.


3. Cloth Diapers from Day 1


The best cloth diapers for newbies. Or so I heard. Going to get me a stash of these before the arrival of #2. I just love the sweet sweet colors.

4. Primo Viaggio Infant Car Seat

The Peg Perego Pliko P3 was our first baby purchase when expecting Elil. We got it when I was 5 months pregnant! Too irrisistable bah these things! We didn't get the matching and attachable car infant seat at the time because we had Shan's to inherit. This time round, no more passing back and forth baby items coz Ots will be delivering about a month after me so the babies are going to be needing this at the same time. With Elil and Ronan it is a 6 month gap, so it was perfect. I don't think they sell the Pliko P3 car infant seat anymore but the Primo Viaggio will do because it attaches to the stroller and well it comes in the right color!

5. Baby changing table

With Elil I didn't think it was really necessary to have a changing table. We had her chest of drawers that I used to change her on, with a changing mat of course. However, it just didn't feel right, it was too narrow and difficult to change a wriggly baby. It didn't have the safety walls around it and this made me feel insecure when changing her. And so, if I have the budget and I can find something simple and affordable, I will get one (with hidden storage) for baby #2. I quite like the one above. Elil's cot and bedding is all white and so this one will match fine. I don't know what it is with me and white these days....


6. A reclining chair
It would be great if I could get a Lazboy but those are like super expensive. I'd settle for anything comfortable. Fabric (not leather) preferably. Something cozy I can sink in while feeding the lil' one. I wanted one of these for when Elil came but could not quite afford it at the time. So heres hoping I can get one this time round.




7. Another Ring Sling





Rockin' Baby Ring Slings are super cool. I especially like this one called 'The Lullaby'. They are outrageously priced but are wonderfully designed. Check out their website here. I initally wanted to get a pouch but after trying out Ots pouch, it didn't quite fit right. I like the adjustability of a ring sling, daddy can use it too.

So yea, that's it. My wishlist for the second little miracle on the way!

No comments: