Tuesday, July 27, 2004

To A God Unknown

I just finished reading this book by Steinbeck. It was moderately interesting. Im sure there were a lot of hidden meanings that i totally missed. Parts were confusing, parts pissed me off big time. I was really disappointed in Joseph.  And Rama too. Nothing seemed to bother or affect Joseph. That was extremely annoying. It was very religious, and deep, and moving. I didnt like how every character  seemed a little insane. For example, Joseph first worshipped a tree then a rock. However, I did like how Joseph was a lot like Jesus. How he could love so much and give up everything for what he loved. The only decent and normal character was Elizabeth. The ending was not what i hoped for. Overall, it was an ok read. Anyways, i would recommend this book to people who are in the middle of reading "The World According To Garp" and find it depressing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

talking about me again?

i really need to get new bookc too. and find a new author to obsess about.

sel :)

LonaDay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LonaDay said...

oh, i see i see. i very the stupid, because i diden read the title..

pu said...

princess yo tukang remove comment

Anonymous said...

yeah man, write, remove, write, remove. sheesh.

blah the retardo baby princess.

Anonymous said...

The World According to Garp is an excellent book...One of my favourites! Also try reading The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho.I just finished My Life in Rose Red: The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer....creeeeeepy stuff but syok oh. I can lend to u if u want. - Mel