Monday, March 03, 2008

I am not me

I am not the same person I used to be.

I was generally a happy person. But now I am generally sad.

I was an animated person who was once described in one word as talkative. I avoid lenghty conversations now.

I used to be a good listener. Now I can't wait for the other person to shut-up.

I was passionate. But now couldn't care less.

I was the pig of the bunch. Now I eat to live.

I once enjoyed coming to work. I hate it now. I dread it.

I used to have things to look forward to. Maybe they're still there but I've lost interest.

Watching TV or a movie used to be fun. I'm looking at the screen now but my mind is lost.

I used to care somewhat about what I look like when I go out the door. This morning I left the house without a glimpse in the mirror. I don't believe I combed my hair.

Rolling over with laughter until either my tummy hurt or I tear. Boy is that a thing of the past. No more hearty laughs.

It's kind of sad. I'm at the prime of my life, I should have so much to look forward to, new family, bright future but I have never been more miserable. Go figure.

However, I should remind myself, "This too shall pass...."

No comments: