Monday, September 13, 2004

PMS

PMS is truly a confusing phenomenon. I can be in the best of moods one minute and be on the verge of crying the next. I have been experiencing PMS for a few days now, waiting for the arrival of the dreaded menstruation. I exaggerate; menstruating is really not that bad, for me anyway. Sometimes I feel pre-menstruation is worse. My boobs are sore; I feel bloated, think I look fat, start to have more zits than usual and am generally unhappy with the way I look. On top of that, everyone gets on my nerves; I am constantly in a foul mood and on the verge of crying. I am ultra sensitive, super moody and not very fun to be around. Sometimes I feel like everyone is my enemy and I just want to run away from the world. It is an emotional roller coaster that I don’t want to ride. I am emotional enough as it is. When finally the menstruation does start, it’s actually a relief. I hardly ever get cramps and when I do it is only on day one. Taking a crap is much harder than usual though. Thank God I have wonderful girl friends that know exactly what its like so I don’t have to explain my sudden mood swings and frustrations with the annoying world around me. Unlike a lot of people, I don’t get cravings for any type of food (except for sushi but that is a constant craving so it doesn’t count). The only reassuring thing about PMS is that I know that it is natural, my hormones are in control of me and that it will pass (again and again and again…) We complain so much about our menstrual cycle and yet when it finally comes to a halt, are we happy?

No comments: