Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Deepavali & Selamat Hari Raya

Half my department is gone for the holidays. Half of them are Indians. As I am one of 2 non-Indians/Malays in my department, my leave for Wednesday, 2nd November, 2005 has been rejected.

My stomach is a rollercoaster. My mind is in shambles. Tomorrow is a big day for me. Huge. Meet The Parents, again.

My partition is up and I finally have a room to myself. Bought a bed that comes with a side table for 374 inclusive delivery and assembly (delivery is only on the 12th November). Its not from Ikea. Got a closet from Courts Mammoth, of all the places (delivery after Hari Raya). Hey, it was nice and cheap and I paid cash, not the total rip-off installment thing they have going on there. And my queen size mattress is from Carrefour. Wait a minute, I didnt get anything from Ikea. Well, i did, bedsheets, quilt, etc. I will be getting my side lamp, rug and mirror from Ikea. Cant wait till I can put everything together. Yay. Nice dat. I am missing something very crucial in my room. A fan. I actually have 2/3 of a fan. You see, the ceiling fan was installed smack in the middle of my partition so what the contractor did was remove one blade. I have 2 out of 3 blades and a fan that I cant turn on. Was waiting for the contractor to relocate it for me yesterday, as promised but he didnt show. Thank God its been raining quite a bit these days. Another thing, my partition is made of gypsum board, which doesnt absorb sound very well. Hmmm... I gotta do something about that.



No comments: