Wednesday, July 02, 2008

6 Oct 07 - 2 July 08

My first email was sent out on the 6th October 2007. I was rejected, told that my application came in a little too late. Both positions had been filled. Sure I was disappointed but I tried, and hey I failed. A great opportunity that remained an opportunity.

Then in February, I hear that there is another vacancy available. This time I was hopeful. I read through the description and requirements. MS Project was a requirement so I got a hold on a cd and learned that well. What ever information I could get a hold on, I read through every related link, browsed the sites, talked to some wonderful and helpful ladies on the 2nd and 3rd floor. And I prayed. The works. A dozen times a day I was on the job searcher site looking out for the opening. So I could be the first to apply. Sending email after email regarding the status. It seemed like harassment at times. I'm sure I never went beyond being a pest or a desperate annoyance.


Finally, in June the post is officially on site and I can apply. I'm sure I wasn't first. I wait patiently. They tell me if the hiring manager finds me suitable for the post, he/she will be in contact. So two weeks go by and nothing. So 20 days after sending in my application I decide to make that important nerve wrecking call. The phone rang it seemed like forever, no answer or voicemail. I left 2 missed calls. I follow-up with an email.

Then finally today, I see his name in pink and I pick up my nerves to click on it and open the message. This is the last line....

I appreciate your keenness to join the team and under different circumstances I would consider you for the role.

The role that I applied for would have allowed me to work from home 5 days a week. Would have enabled me to raise my child which has been my dream since the 9th June 2007. I do not wish to elaborate any further in fear of just bawling in front of the whole office. Its enough to say I am in grief.

No comments: