Friday, July 04, 2008

Children are amazing

The day before yesterday was as bad as any day can get. Please refer to previous post. With one exception, the day I got a call from my mum saying Pu Nie had been in an accident. Anyway, so Wednesday was bad. But something happend on my drive back home that just lifted my spirits if only for a few minutes.

I was driving along the Damansara Highway headed toward the NKVE when my eyes were drawn to the back of this black MyVi. Sitting at the rear seats, facing the back were two little boys, around 4 and 5 years old. They were waving at the people in the cars driving behind them. Both deliriously happy. Making goofy faces. They spotted me looking at them and they started to wave even harder. I was so touched by their sincerity and their pure joy and excitement only a child can project that I started waving back. A simple wave at first. But then they went crazy with their waving when they saw that finally one driver actually reciprocated their actions. So I went all out with my waving as well. Leaning forward as our cars drew apart so they could see me still. This simple action just made me so happy. Seeing how their faces lit up by my response. Our cars parted at different toll booths. I looked around for them hoping to continue our waving contest alas we lost each other. They probably went on to make some other disappointed person's day. God bless them. It was such a wonderful moment where I became a kid again and all my adult problems just dissolved for those few minutes and I was brought to tears.

Just as I was recovering from that temporary high, I get a call from the office and reality sets in. Back to where i started.

No comments: