Monday, November 07, 2005

Discussions From A Pantry

I got an SMS from my boss at 4.55 this morning and I knew this was a start to a long day.
@~(~~
My cubicle is 10 steps away from the pantry so I am always the first person to know when breakfast has arrived. The pantry on my floor is teeny-tiny compared to other floors. We dont even get breakfast tables and chairs. Dang it. Breakfast is had standing up with paper plates in one hand and plastic cups filled with piping hot coffee or mocha or Milo or teh tarik fresh from the machine. Yum.
@~(~~
So anyway, we had a three way discussion this morning in the pantry, between myself and two other male colleagues on how horrifying Mondays are after a long break. One colleague wore a tie to work to motivate himself. I didnt bother with the self-motivation. Quite impossible after a 4.55am SMS from the boss. Another colleague was in a total daze and was just standing there sipping his tea. Then suddenly, the topic of the upcoming Christmas holidays came up, 1 whole week shutdown and then Chinese New Year, another week off. My face lit up. It was enough to get me going through the rest of the day. One of those rare 'great to be Malaysian' feelings.
@~(~~
It is customary to witness a twice-weekly feud between my two superiors during our Operations Meetings held every Monday (Monday!) and our Department Meetings every Friday (Friday!). It is quite exciting when one slams his notebook shut and another just rolls his eyes (like it wont roll back down) and taps his fingers against the tabletop just a tad bit too hard. Aarghh! During the last meeting, the 'slam notebook shut' guy just gets up and walks out of the meeting room. So much drama. These two are at each others necks week after week. Initially its funny entertaining but now its downright annoying and a waste of time. Enough bickering boys, or at least do it on your own time.

No comments: