Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I IS MARRIED



Wow! Hello again blogging world! I am back from my sabbatical. I can't begin to explain how much has happend between now and the last time I was at this 'spot'. Gee...contemplating on whether or not I should share every last detail of the goings-on in my life....

Where do I start? Yes, that is my arm inside that steel bucket filled with the mud-like water (it's actually sandalwood mixed with water). And yes, the darker, furry arm belongs to my husband/suami/lau-kung/esposo/mume, however you wanna say it! The Hindu priest made us play this 'cute' game where he tosses a gold ring (bought for the bestman, who was Allen Lim by the way, ie. my brother-in-law) into the bucket and both husband and wife have to fight for it. Bala won 2 out of the 3 times we played. I only won the last time coz he let me! To those who know not or are still in shock, here are some details of the weddings:

Indian Ceremony
Date: 1st December 2006 ( registration/legal marriage was on the 30th November 2006)
Place: Mewah Club, Kajang
Time: 6:00pm and reception thereafter

Catholic Service
Date: 20th January 2007
Place: Sacred Heart Cathedral, Kota Kinabalu
Time: 10:30am
Reception: The Pacific Sutera, Sutera Harbor at 6:30pm

TADA! So ok, I was not keen on posting this picture coz I think I look like shit, but what the heck. I'll keep it here till I get better shots. The garlands bah! They are not only huge but they weigh a tonne as well. Oh, and after a while, the smell gets a little overwhelming. I wore two sarees that day. I came in a pinky-peach 'tissue' saree (which I will post once I get the pix) and once my 'official' wedding saree was blessed by the priest, I had to go back and change into the lovely and damn intricately embroidered piece featured in the photo. It truly is beautiful. My husband on the other hand, wore a two piece - jipah (the top) and veyshti (sarongy thing) with sandals. It may look simple but its made of Fiji Silk which is damn expensive by the way. And before I forget, nice kan my bouquet? The whole ceremony was over by 7:30pm but the happy couple were stuck on stage for an additional two hours to layan well wishers and ang pow bearers.

No comments: