Monday, December 18, 2006

One word. RELIEF


You see the picture? Well, this is exaclty how I feel. I was afraid to proclaim it earlier but it's been 3 days and I think it's safe to say, IT'S OVER PU! The relief I have been waiting so long for.

Today is Monday and also the first time in ages that I have managed to focus at work, get organized and not want to kill my 'stoner' boss when he dumps work on me (however, the sight of him still annoys me). Oh, and I don't feel like dying anymore. THANK YOU GOD. Now let's see if I can pull myself together enough to clean up my room, do the laundry and fold my once-clean clothes....

Last Friday night, my kid sister convinced me to attend the last night rally for Planet Shakers conference held at Sunway Convention Center in Pyramid. There were over 2000 people packed in the hall. Stepping inside, I instantly felt old. Little teenies everywhere. Anyway, by the looks of the set-up, you would never guess a Christian conference was about to go on. It looked more like a rock concert. I half expected to see some dude from Blink 182 jump out. Instead a pastor popped out from no where with his electric guitar and started bouncing about and running from one end of the stage to the other shouting out praise n worship rocker style. It was quite exhilirating and a totally out-of-this-world experience. The singing, jumping, praising, head-banging, rejoicing, clapping was followed by a talk by another pastor. Not your ordinary talk neither, this guy made you burst into laughter every 2 minutes. It was fun and effective. No wonder so many youth are crazy about these (Planet Shakers, Hillsong) Christian movements. I am really glad I decided to go. To top it all off, I was pleasantly surprised when I bumped into an old uni mate sitting on the same row!

No comments: