Monday, April 21, 2008

I think its safe to say...

I'M A CLOTH DIAPER JUNKIE!

Many thanks to Farrah who first introduced me to CD's through her blog and MiaBambina the online CD store where I purchased my first CD. And not forgetting many thanks to Joyce who shows when it comes to CD, there is no limit to the addiction. Hahaha.

My collection thus far is small. Baby boo boo has 7 cloth diapers now and another 4 more in the mail. I have stuck to one size pockets for now. Just because there is no need to upsize and no worry about leaks and the additional diaper covers. However, the tempation to purchase a few fitteds and those oh-so-cute print covers is getting stronger as I go on a-clicking. My first CD purchase was the Drybees AIO which is real practical and trim but not my favorite solely because they take a longer time to dry. My collection is increasing slowly but surely. Current personal favorites are WAHMIES and BUM GENIUS 3.0. They are trim and easier to put on. Personally I prefer the Hook & Loop to the Snap closure. You get a much better fit. My next purchase will most probably be a BLUEBERRY MINKY. They are so plush and the sapphire/ruby ones are so rich. I got a JUST DUCKY OS for my nephew Ronan. His mummy seems to like it. Let's see if we can get her addicted too...And the addiction continues....

I love CD's simply because they are super adorable. And on lil' boo boo's tush, even cuter! *mummy beaming with pride* They do seem to cost an arm and a leg initially but I look at the mountain of disposables I currently have and it's just one less continous purchase I have to worry about. In the long run, I'm saving some $$ which becomes bigger savings as my family grows. This is a great way to get hubby off my back when he sees more 'pillows' in the mail. It always looks like were getting pillows mailed to us when the CD packages arrive.

As wonderful as CD's are they do have a downside. For me, they're bulkier than the disposables. Which is fine with me for the most part, as one CD online store mentions, "more padding for baby's bottom". However, I feel the disadvantage when I am out with baby. We now need a BIGGER diaper bag for clean diaper changes and to store soiled ones. Our current one is big as it is! Other than that, it does come with a little more effort on our part - the cleaning, washing and drying. Which when you think of it, isn't too bad. Think of CD's as normal laundry and imagine how much you would be contributing to saving the environment! With that being said, the plus's of CDing far outweigh the minus's. Boo boo is on the way to becoming a fully CD baby.

So, you can't have the CD without the accessories, right? Right! CD crazy mama is now looking for a wetbag online. Wahmies seems the most popular and they have some pretty funky designs. But we need to look around just a bit more. Oh so excite.

No comments: