Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Having second thoughts....

After Sungai Besi toll at 6:40 am

After Desa Waterpark exit at 7:10 am

I'm having second thoughts about my new work schedule. Ok, let's analyze:

Original Schedule

Work hours: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm

Tradffic Conditions: I leave the house anytime between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. The jam is horrendous, it takes me anywhere between 1.5 hours to 2 hours to get to work. My feet hurt, I am under a lot of stress (due to aching feet, fear of being late for work, lalalala). Leave office at 5:30 pm sharp, or anytime later and I get back in a little over an hour. So that means I spend at least 3 hours everyday on the road. 3 hours that I can never gain back.

Upside: I get to spend a little time with Elil before I leave for work.

New Schedule

Work hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Traffic Conditions: I leave the house by 6:30 am. There are already a lot of cars on the roas eventhough its pitch black outside. After the Sungai Besi toll just around the Petronas petrol station, the traffic slows. The roads are fulls. I am not in a standstill, but am down to 1st gear. It takes me 50-55 minutes to get to work. I am done by 4:30 pm on most days, it takes me as little as 40 minutes to reach Kajang. Less than two hours on the road daily and more time with Elil at the end of it.

Downside: I don't get to see Elil before I leave for work. The long stretch is REALLY heartbreaking.

The conclusion, you can't have it all and sometimes you don't have a choice. Looks like i'll be sticking to my new schedule. There's got to be a better way! I'm not doing this for long.

No comments: